On Farm Safety Rules
On Farm Safety at Sandfield Farm
- Everyone must wash their hands thoroughly before eating and before leaving the farm.
- Everyone must stay with the farm host at all times, unless directed otherwise.
- Eating on the farm must only take place in the designated visitor room or the camp fire area, after washing hands.
- Children must be encouraged not to put their fingers in their mouths during the visit.
- Care must be taken to avoid nettles, thistles, brambles and animal holes.
- Awareness of the dangers of vehicles on the farm must be ensured.
- Care must be taken to avoid electric fences and barbed wire.
- Whilst in areas of trees, care must be taken not to trip on sticks, walk into low branches or poke anyone with a stick.
- Whilst carrying sticks, running is forbidden.
- Sticks must be carried in the advised fashion; short sticks alongside the thigh, long sticks dragged along the floor by one end or two people carry an end each.
- Care must be taken when carrying heavy logs. If the log is heavy, then extra help is needed or the log should be rolled along the ground.
- Climbing, unless over stiles, is forbidden.
- Children must be under full supervision in the pond area.
- Entry into areas of animals is forbidden unless with the farm host.
- Care must be taken to avoid fingers being poked through the chicken pen wire.
- Touching of mushrooms and fungi is forbidden.